It looks like my friend Jennifer Guo has nominated me for what is called the Lobster Award. Gonna be honest, I have never heard of this award before, but I want to thank the little people for getting me where I am today, which is not much further from where I was yesterday.
So, here are the rules:
“The Rules” according to the Wording Well, in order to accept the nomination you must follow these following guidelines:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to his/her blog.
- Write 5 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 bloggers (they should have less than 300 followers).
- Answer 5 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 5 questions.
1. If you could have any super power what would it be, and who would your arch-nemesis be?
Not sure if this is a super power, but I would want to be able to read any book in a matter of seconds. If this cannot be done, then I would want to invent the Matrix so that I can download Google Books/Internet Archive into my brain. As far as arch-nemesis goes, it would have to be publishers and authors. Once I download all the world’s books, I will need more and soon I will come looking for more.
2. Middle Earth or Narnia and why?
Neither! My home would be in post-apocalyptic SoCal, fighting against Skynet alongside John Connor and the Resistance army.
3. What’s your favorite biblical/theological topic/area?
Heilsgeschichte and really anything to do with the letter to the Hebrews.
4. Favorite scholars?
Not sure I would use favorite, but as far as most influential goes I would say the following fit that role:
- C. K. Barrett
- Oscar Cullmann
- Adolf Schlatter
- George Ladd
- George Guthrie
- N. T. Wright
- Richard Hays
- Martine Hengel
- Don Hagner
- Greg Beale
- Will Varner
- Joe Hellerman
5. If you’ve been to SBL, describe a favorite memory. If not, describe what you’d be most excited about if you were going next year.
My favorite memory of SBL was sitting with Don Hagner and listening to him tell stories about his Doktorvater F. F. Bruce and his good friend Martin Hengel. He has since become a dear friend.
Five Random Facts About Me:
- I am a huge Pittsburg Penguins fan! I grew up in SoCal, and the first hockey game I remember watching on TV was a Penguins game. I was mesmerized by the greatest hockey player of all time, Mario Lemieux!
- I can spend all day watching SportsCenter!
- I can play drums, guitar, base guitar, trumpet, and a little bit of piano.
- I love to roast my own coffee.
- Before I die I want to see the Swiss Alps.