Greek Discourse Grammar Internships
Logos Bible Software is seeking highly qualified candidates for Greek Discourse Grammar Internships this summer. Successful candidates will have mastered the concepts described inDiscourse Grammar of the Greek New Testament, and will assist in the development of exegetical handbooks which help pastors and students better understand the exegetical implications of discourse features annotated in the Lexham Discourse Greek New Testament. Interns will work directly with Dr. Steven E. Runge as part of the Logos Discourse Team, providing an unparalleled opportunity to develop the skills and theoretical framework needed for advanced research in the field of NT discourse analysis and discourse grammar.
- Describe how the various discourse features annotated in the Lexham Discourse Greek New Testament contribute to the overall flow of a NT writer’s message using prose accessible to non-specialists. Your specific project will be determined in consultation with Dr. Runge. Writing skills are as important as knowledge of discourse grammar.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Summer relocation to Bellingham (non-negotiable)
- Ability to synthesize the exegetical implications of a writer’s choice to use various discourse features, and to describe their contribution to the overall flow of the discourse.
- Ability to succinctly and accessibly describe technical linguistic features for readers with a traditional background in Greek.
- Two Years of Greek, completed MA/MDiv (or equivalent) preferred.
- Has mastered the concepts described in Discourse Grammar of the Greek New Testament.
- Regularly uses the Lexham Discourse databases in their personal study.
- Can point to blog posts or other writing samples which exemplify their capacity to describe complex concepts in language mere mortals can understand.
- Has read most of the following:
Please submit a CV, a letter of interest describing your background in discourse grammar, and a writing sample (or hyperlink to specific blog posts) to email@example.com. Applications are due by March 15, 2014. For more information about Logos, see https://www.logos.com/about/careers.