1. Jude, a slave of Jesus Christ and brother of James. To those who are called, who are loved by God the Father and kept by Jesus Christ.
2. May mercy and peace and love be multiplied to you.
3. Dear friends, while I was making every effort to write to you concerning our common salvation, I felt it necessary to write to you, appealing that you contend passionately for the faith once for all passed down to the saints.
4. For certain people slipped in among you – people who were long ago written about for this condemnation – ungodly people who turned the grace of our God into a license for evil and are denying our only master and lord Jesus Christ.
5. Now I desire to remind you, though [you] know all things, that Jesus, after saving once and for all a people from Egypt, he later destroyed those who did not believe.
6. And angels who did not keep their own domain, but deserted their own dwelling, he has kept in eternal bounds under darkness for the judgment of the great day.
7. Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in illicit sexual relation, and go after strange flesh, are being exposed as an example, undergoing the punishment, namely eternal fire.
8. But in the same way these people, because of their dreams, are on the one hand defiling the flesh, rejecting authority, and reviling majestic beings.
9. But Michael the archangel, when he was disputing with the devil, debating about the body of Moses, did not desire to bring a blasphemous judgment, but said, “May the Lord rebuke you.”
10. But these people slander what they do not understand, and the things which they know by instinct, like unreasonable animals, by these things they are destroyed.
11. Woe to them! For they have walked in the way of Cain. And they, because of greed, have given themselves up also to the error of Balaam, and they perished in the rebellion of Korah.
12. These people are hidden reefs in your love feasts when they feast together with you without reverence, caring for themselves. They are waterless clouds, carried away by the wind; fruitless trees of late autumn-twice dead, uprooted;
13. wild sea waves, casting up their own shameful deeds like dirty foam; wandering stars, for whom the darkest of hell has been reserved forever.
14. Now Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied also against them, saying, “Behold, the Lord is coming with his myriad of saints,
15. to execute judgment all, and to convict every person of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly manner, and of the harsh things that ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”
16. These people are grumblers, fault finders, following after their own lusts, and with their mouth they speak arrogantly, showing bias for the sake of gain.